A warm welcome
You may have found me because of feelings or an experience that is impacting your life. Whether you already know the root of the difficulties you are experiencing, or if you do not understand your feelings, you have taken an important step towards feeling better. I can assist if you are feeling stuck, overwhelmed, unsatisfied, anxious or depressed; if you are feeling lost and need some direction, or if you simply want a better life and better relationships.
I look forward to speaking with you. Karen.
Therapies provided & common issues
The range of therapies I provide over short, medium and long term sessions include:
* Counselling in Central Manchester / Online Counselling / Telephone Counselling
* Hypnotherapy in Central Manchester / Online Hypnotherapy
* Life Coaching and Goal Setting in Central Manchester / Online Life Coaching
* EAP and Business Services in Central Manchester / Online / Telephone
...or maybe you just do not feel like yourself?
What kind of counsellor am I?
* Someone who is non-judgemental, supportive and open-minded.
* Someone who welcomes the opportunity to work with cultural differences and diversity.
* Someone who can offer you a welcoming and reflective space in which you can be heard.
* Someone who is sensitive but can challenge you when appropriate.
* Someone who can assist with insight into yourself and your feelings.
* Someone who understands the importance of being heard and understood.
* Someone who cares and is passionate about helping others to create positive change.
* Someone who is suitably qualified and is committed to continued professional development.
* Someone who has an understanding of wider societal issues that may contribute.
Accessibility and parking
I offer a Telephone Counselling or Online Counselling (Skype/Zoom) for people who find it difficult to attend sessions in person.
* BACP Registered
* GHR Registered (Accredited)
* Anxiety UK Approved Therapist
* Professional Diploma (Therapeutic Counselling)
* Level 3 Certificate (Counselling Skills)
* Level 2 Certificate (Counselling Concepts)
* Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma
* Mindfulness techniques
* REWIND trauma technique practitioner
* MSc Sociology
* 1st class honours in Inclusion/Sociology.
* Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (with Distinction) IIPCH
* Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy
* Certificate in Life Coaching IIPCH
* Anxiety UK approved therapist
* Using Mindfulness techniques
* Relaxation skills
* NICE certificate in Anxiety Disorders
* Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Attacks
* REWIND Trauma Technique
* Overcoming Sleep Problems
* Working with Shame
* Living with PTSD
* Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
* Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-Harm
* How Culture affects Mental Health
* Assertiveness Skills
* Understanding Medication used to treat Mental Health
* Working with Eating Disorders
* Using Creativity to improve Mental Wellbeing
* Relational Depth and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy
* Counselling Risk Assessments and Audits
Key words: Counselling Manchester - Hypnotherapy Manchester - Counsellor Central Manchester - Online Counselling